Are you looking for the setting to change the wallpaper on Windows Phone 7? Don’t worry although it is easy to set photos as wallpapers in Windows Phone 7, changing it without a picture requires that you dive in the Settings section. The how-to below will show you how to change the wallpaper in Windows Phone 7, add a password lock, and change the auto-lock duration. I’ve included a video that will walk you through the entire process as well as regular step-by-step instructions below the video. If you have any comments or questions please use the comments form at the end of the article.
Software/Hardware used: Windows Phone 7 running on Samsung Focus.
Change Wallpaper in Windows Phone 7
1. Tap on the small arrow on the Start screen.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap lock and wallpaper.
4. From there you will be able to set the Wallpaper by tapping on change wallpaper.
5. Tap on the photo you wish to use and tap the checkmark icon.
Set Screen Lock Password in Windows Phone 7
You can also add a password to the lock screen which would require users to enter a PIN in order to access the device.
1. While in lock and wallpaper tap on Password slider and set it to ON.
2. Enter and confirm the password. That’s it.
Change the Screen Time-out Setting in Windows Phone 7
While you’re here you can also tap on Screen time-out to change the amount of time before the screen turns off and locks.
1. Tap on the Screen time-out box and choose one of the options from the list.
2. When you are done return to the Start screen and you’re done.