Happy New Year to All!
I hope that all of you have had a wonderful 2009 and I wish you the best in this upcoming year. Below I will provide all of you with a summary of this past year, an overview of what I want to do with this blog next year, and a list of tools to help you stay on track with your goals for 2010.
It’s been quite a year for me and this blog. It has proven to be a year of new challenges and opportunities. I was promoted to a management position in the company I work for during the day, my wife and I are expecting a baby girl this month, I completed my first Century (100 miles on a bike), and the work associated with working Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â two jobs and juggling somewhat of a healthy life outside of work. Despite the time consumed by all these activities, I’ve been working on a Windows 7 book, I received the Microsoft Most Valueable Professional Award for 2009, I moved from Drupal CMS toÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â WordPress, Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â wrote many articles for GilsMethod, and I became an Editor for LaptopLogic.com among other things. In summary its been a busy year with many good tidings.
As this year ends and a new begins I have many ideas about where I want to take this blog and the content I will publish in the near future. Like others who take this time of the year as an opportunity to reflect and to plan for the year ahead, I’ve jotted down a couple of things that I would like to accomplish for 2010, consider them my New Years Resolutions. I will share some of them with you, specifically those related to this blog.
In 2010 I plan to…
- upgrade the look and feel of the site to make it more user friendly
- add a forum so that we can build a community of support for all of those who visit in need of computer help.
- update the GilsMethod.com logo
- publish the Windows 7 ebook 1stquarter of 2010
- publish several other how-to ebooks
- introduce a Weekly Tech News Digest where all of the news of the week will be digested and translated so that you don’t have to do all of the reading, this will be published every Friday afternoon and it will cover the weeks tech news…first issue will be published January 8th.
- review a Download or Website of the Week. This will be dedicated to software or website reviews that will be publish every week on Wednesdays starting on the 6th.
- commit to publish a minimum of 2 how-to guides per week, every Tuesday and Thursday of the week starting January 5th.
- finalize the trademark application for How-to Guides for the Rest of Us
As you can all see I have a pretty big task ahead of me this year and I hope that all of you that visit this blog find these improvements useful.
Tools to Help You in 2010 and Beyond!
To help you in your journey to new years resolutions, I’ve included a list of programs/websites that I use to stay on task and help me plan my time.
- Evernote – Note taking application that synchronizes with your computer, online, and your favorite mobile device.
- Remember the Milk – Task list manager, combined with an iPhone or Google Calendar you should never miss a task again.
- 43 Things – Keep track of your goals and receive support from users in achieving those goals.
Thank you for visiting Gil’sMethod.com, I wish you the best with all of your endeavors this year and those to come.