If you have any comments or questions please use the comments form at the end of the article.
How to Combine and Minify CSS Files with CSS Mixer
Software used: CSS Mixer 1.0.
1. After you open CSS Mixer click on the Open folder icon to add the directory containing the CSS files you wish to combine.
2. Locate and select the directory when asked to do so.
3. Click OK.
4. You will notice that the CSS files contained in the selected directory are listed in the left pane. To combine the CSS files check the ones you would like to combine/minify.
5. You will have the option of just combining the CSS files or Minifying them which essentially combines and minifies the selected CSS files. Select the task you wish to perform; Combine or Minify.
A. Once the CSS files are processed the output (minified/combined CSS code) will appear on the pane to the right.
6. When you are ready to save the minified/combined file click on the Save As button.
7. The Save As dialog box will appear, name the combined file.
8. Click Save to save the new file.
Upload it to your test server and verify that the site’s layout and functions are still working. Don’t forget to clear your browser’s cache!
Download CSS Mixer from CodePlex.